Okay guys, new post for you all. Sorry for not posting for a while, felt like a bit of time off from doing the blog, but let's get into it!
These are some important things to notice in a marriage certificate that may help you with your research.
1) Where the marriage had taken place so that it may give you a clue as to where to find their birth cert or parent's marriage cert.
2) What registration district the church was located in again giving a hint to narrow down what district might be to your location.
3) What union the registration district is in.
4) What county the solemnization was done in.
5) Reference number for registrar (not much use to you though)
6) Date of Marriage
7) .Name and surname of bride and groom
8) Age of bride & groom, you may see the age of the bride and groom at the time or it'll say "Full" meaning that the person is OVER 21 years of age or "Under" if that person is over 18 but under the age of 21
9) Condition of bride and groom (spinster if a woman has never married and bachelor if a man has never married before, or it may say widow/widower if the person is marrying again.)
10) Occupation at time of marriage
11) Address of where the person was living at the time
12) Name and surname of the father of the bride and groom
13) Job that both father's had at the time of the bride and groom's marriage
14) Name of priest
15) Signature of bride and groom
16) Witnesses that are present at the time of the marriage
Well there you have it! Let me know in the comments your thoughts about the post or any slight errors I may have made. Stay tuned for more...